My Blog List

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Special Project: MOMI Activity

The layout of the museum was set up in a way so that you can go through it and see the history of moving image in chronological order. It’s a smart idea because then you can see the progress and all the innovations that were made. I didn’t really have a reaction because I was already expecting the layout to be the way it was. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. It only makes sense. Even though we learned some of the things that were shown to us, I still learned a lot. The fact that some parts of the museum was hands on made it even better. We got to see the very primitive stage of moving image with the optical illusions such as the bird in the cage. Also, the section where I think 3D was kind of explained was so interesting and it was hard to look away because it was so appealing to the eye. When she showed us the first or one of the first video games, Pong, it was crazy to me that people enjoyed playing that back in the day. One of the most fascinating parts of the museum was when the soundtrack of movies was explained to us and we got to see Titanic as an example. I don't really know what story is being told. I just know it just showed how moving image evolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment