My Blog List

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blog 15: Reflection

Interestingly enough, I feel like I might have digressed. In September, I was so eager to learn new things. I mean, I’m sure everyone was. But as the weeks went by, I was becoming over it. I became less motivated to do anything, whereas in the beginning of the semester I was eager and willing to do my work. This happens all the time though, so it’s not something I’m surprised at. I’m just not as enthusiastic as I was in September. I’m sure this cycle will repeat when the spring semester kicks in. There is, however, one thing (school-wise) that has changed for the better. My interest in film and cinematography has increased immensely. I’m seriously considering going into this career field. I still have a lot to learn but now I finally know for sure what I want to study. I was so iffy this semester about what I wanted my major to be. Up until last month, I wanted to change my major to photography, but my American Film class has grown on me and is so intriguing now so I’m going to just stick to media studies. The American Film class changed my ways of looking at films. It’s so much deeper than the storyline or plot. All the cinematography stands out to me now. I wish I was more aware of this when I saw Inception.

Outside of academics, I don’t think I’ve changed much. My social skills still suck. I’m still the reserved type I was back in September. That’s actually something that I wish would’ve changed. It’s not that I’m shy, I just don’t really talk to anyone unless I’m spoken to first. In my mind, that’s a problem and should be fixed.

I have been watching a lot of documentaries lately. One in particular, Very Young Girls, made me realize how good I have it. I’ve been a lot more appreciative and grateful of what I have. Don’t get me wrong, I’m always grateful but you know, sometimes you just need a reminder cause it’s easy to forget.

I would get a little deeper and personal on this blog but I’m not one to share personal feelings with anyone, so that’s all for now.

1 comment:

  1. You should get a gratitude rock. Its any ol rock that you choose, but you have to think only of positive things about your life when ever you squeeze it. Carry it on you and squeeze it when ever you need a positive reminder. It pwns.

    ReplyDelete