My Blog List

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog 5: Plan for media paper

I chose the topic of Popeye but I have a feeling that it’ll be hard to get 7 pages out of it so I really want to do some research and perhaps change my topic. I also thought about Betty Boop but again I’m not sure yet. I feel like if I do my midterm on a real person, I’ll have a much successful paper.
I googled Popeye real quick and I found that it was more than just a cartoon show on tv. It was originally featured in a comic strip. I’m just not sure if Popeye has made such an impact in mass media. I have to find out . When I looked up Betty Boop, I found that she was known as the first sex symbol in animation.
I hope to find a lot of books on my topic. Since Popeye is from the 20’s and Betty Boop is from the 30’s I’m sure I won’t have a problem finding many sources.

I think the term ”reason” means why something is the way it is. For this midterm, the “reason” would be why the person or event changed mass media. The term “evidence” would be how they changed it. I don’t know what “argument” is. I would think it’s the same as evidence but I’m pretty sure I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment