My Blog List

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blog 7: Outline and Annoted Bibliography

i haven't finished developing all my ideas for the thesis but this is what I have so far.


Outline

Thesis: Walt Disney had a great influence in entertainment in the 20th century.

- Disney appealed to all different types of people.
- Disney's influence on animation. (He made the first color cartoon.)
- He was a television pioneer. (He was first to present full-color programming with "Wonderful World of Color")
-He used more than one medium to get his work across.


Conclusion: Walt Disney was an innovator.







Bibliography


A, Brad. "Walt Disney Biography." JustDisney.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Oct 2010. .

A bio can be very useful for this midterm because it can say where Disney got his his inspiration from. I can also find out his big accomplishments through a bio.




"Walt Disney and His Influence on the Mass Media." N.p., 03/1993. Web. 18 Oct 2010. .

The title says it all. I can find out why he was such an influence on mass media.




Lewis, Jon. American Film A History. New York and London: W. W. Norton & Company, 2007. 235. Print.

Since this is an american film book I can include Disney's influence in the film industry.



Campbell, Richard, Christopher Martin, R., and Bettina Fabos. Media & Culture An Introduction to Mass Communication. 7th Edition 2011 Update. Boston and New York: Bedford/St. Martin's, 2010. 422. Print.

In this textbook, I can see Disney's early years and his development of the iconic Mickey Mouse. I can also find how his company diversified.




Gabler, Neal. Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination. Vintage , 2007. Print.

I have yet to read this book but I read reviews on it and it says that this has a lot of the truth behind Disney and his accomplishments unlike information you can find on the internet which isn't always true.





Barrier, Michael. The Animated Man: A Life of Walt Disney. 1 edition. University of California Press, 2008. Print.

This is another book that i haven't read but I also read a review for this and I found that readers found this even more enlightening that Gabler's biography of Walt Disney. This is a quote from a review "Barrier knows animation inside and out, and he uses his knowledge to give us a picture of a real man and boss who tried to make animation great." By just reading that line, I know I will be able to get a lot of useful information out of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment